How to get here:
Salamanca is located 210 kms to the West of Madrid and can be easily reached by regular bus and train services from a number of different destinations throughout Spain.
Regular bus Services from/to Bilbao, Seville or Santiago de Compostela are operated by Alsa. Avanzabus operates several direct services from Madrid Airport (Terminal 1 and 4) and Madrid City Centre.
Salamanca presents a decent train link with other Spanish cities. Renfe connects Salamanca to Madrid from both Chamartín and Principe Pío while it can also be reached from San Sebastián or Barcelona with daily options.
Once in Salamanca, both bus and rail stations are located within walking distance (15-20 minutes) to the city centre.
We have been granted a 5% discount while traveling from/to Salamanca with RENFE for this meeting. Upon fare selection, please choose Meetings/Events (Congresos/Eventos) and add the following Authorization Number 052301663. Do not use this number under “Discount”, it won’t work there.
Salamanca is well connected to the rest of Spain via excellent motorway links. The A66 Vía de la Plata connects Salamanca North to South while the A50 and the A62 from East to West.
The meeting will take place at the main auditorium of the Hospedería Fonseca where both oral and poster sessions will be held. Being a former student of the University of Salamanca and archbishop of Toledo, don Alonso de Fonseca was responsible for the foundation of the College, whose construction began in 1521. In this imposing building, a jewel of the Spanish Renaissance, the most outstanding feature is the façade of 1529, crowned by the gigantic medallion of the apostle Santiago. The Colegio Fonseca guest house is currently a modern multipurpose building that houses various administrative units of the University of Salamanca and it is equipped with several institutional halls and classrooms for holding congresses, conferences and meetings with an adequate accessibility conditions for people with mobility problems.
Several hotels are already offering discounted fares for the conference. The following list will be continuously updated.
Use the available code upon reservation.
- HOTEL ABBA FONSECA: Double Room for Individual use 70,00€ – Double Room 80,00€- Triple Room 105,00€- Quadruple Room 115,00€. Code: GEFES2023. Closest hotel to the Venue and breakfast will be included in all options.
- CATALONIA PLAZA MAYOR SALAMANCA: Double Room for individual use 80,00€ – Double Room 100,00€. Code: GEFES23
- APARTAHOTEL HALL88: Double Room for individual use 55,00€ – Double Room 65,00€. Code: GEFES2023
- HOTEL ALAMEDA PALACE: 10% discount on the current price on the WebSite – Code: GEFES2023
- HOTEL CORONA SOL: 10% discount on the current price on the WebSite – Code: GEFES2023
- SILKEN RONA D’ALBA: Both options include breakfast. Single Room 49,00€ – Double Room 57,00€. Code: GEFES2023
- RESIDENCIA UNIVERSITARIA HERNÁN CORTÉS: Breakfast included with Single Room 45,05€ and Double Room 51,85€. Code: GEFES2023
- HOTEL MELIBEA: Single or double Room for individual use 65€ including breakfast. Reservations on +34 923 177 163 or to the email melibea (AT) gaiarooms.com confirming that you’ll be attending GEFES2023 conference.